Saturday, November 17, 2007

Philosophy of Education

Philosophy of Education

When a school has an Art curriculum, it is telling the surrounding community that it cares about turning out well-rounded students. It lets others know that they understand it takes more than reading, writing, and arithmetic to truly function within our society. It shows that they understand nurturing ones creativity is more important than previous scholars may have thought. It is my desire to teach Art that forces me to stress its importance to children, their schools, and their community. My philosophy comes from what I was taught in grammar school. Our teacher suggested that once we understood a lesson, we should help others to understand it. She explained that when we taught each other, we would also be increasing our own understanding. That was something I never forgot. Since I strive to do the best I can at any task I perform, it is only natural that I eventually turned my love of Art into a desire to teach Art.
A successful teacher should understand a student’s needs. Simply showing compassion towards their students’ feelings is one way. Being patient and realizing everyone works at his or her own pace is another. When a student asks for help, the teacher should be willing to listen. Any job worth doing requires that you’re willing to put in the time and effort to make it truly successful. I have all of these necessary qualities. Helping others learn and watching them succeed is also something I find both self-rewarding and a pleasure to behold.
For a child, learning about Art enables them to be well rounded and prepared for life. It helps them to nurture and strengthen their creative side. This enables them to continue to look for new ways to solve problems and to better understand the society they live in. Within their community, you will find that Art not only strengthens it visually, but also increases its value mentally and spiritually. Through the placement of public works, one can see and be reminded of the human creative spirit. Through better-designed living environments and public spaces, ones’ overall life experiences can be improved and enjoyed on a higher and more positive plane.
The children that I teach Art will have their knowledge to share with others. Thereby creating better schools, better communities, and a better world for all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home